Neither my fiancé or I have ever been in trouble with the law but yesterday while we were out had a probation officer ring our doorbell.?

I have some student loans in collections that’s it. But we have never been in trouble with the law. We tried calling when we got the card but no answer.

Keep trying to call because chances are they're asking you about a friend or neighbor and weren't there because of anything you've done.

• james

The law is clear on that. You can not stop a person from coming onto your porch & knocking or ringing your door bell. You need not answer.

Either he had the wrong house or he wanted tot ask you something about a neighbour who is on probabtion. Calla the number and leave a message with your number so he can call back.

He knows more than we do about it.

For all we know, the officer had a question about your neighbor.

Yes, that is exactly what happened. You clearly understand the situation.

• Breanna6 months agoReport

Your comment makes Zero sense. I understand my two toddlers better then your comment.

• Lv 7

so what is the question?

• Benny

Officers sometimes go to the wrong house. It happened in Chicago recently, and the cops pointed their guns at three young children.

• audrey

It's a big mistake, or one of you is lying. Or... Is someone you know/close to you on probation?

• Breanna6 months agoReport

Nope neither one of us is lying. We live together with two kids. We would know if one of us was in trouble. Our old neighbor lost her house that’s about it. No one else we know.

• TB12

You don't get a visit from a probation officer unless you're on probation,, and you don't get on probation unless you've been in trouble with the law.