Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 3 months ago

I believe that I did not receive a fair trial, from the judges actions. Yes I could try to appeal, but I understand that it could cost me?

thousands of dollars to do an appeal. How can I get around having to pay any amount into the court, to get a FAIR trial. (My right isn't it?) Civil Lawsuit Trial in the US

You must appeal. Period, that is the only way.

You received a fair trial. You just don't LIKE the outcome.

Based on your COMPLETE LACK of anything resembling grounds for appeal, the best advice you can get is what your attorney has already given you.

Try the ACLU, explain the circumstances, see what they say.

You do not get a FREE court appointed lawyer in a civil case. You went to court, you lost. Now you either have to pay up or file an appeal and to do that you have to pay for it. The idea here is if you really thing you got a bum deal you will be willing to pay for it. They do not want people just to file appeals just to avoid paying the settlement. Depending on how much, your appeal could cost you more than the settlement.

You have been on here all frickin morning whining about how you were not treated fairly, you had your rights violated. You had to testify first, the judge was rude, the janitor was rude, the drinking fountain water was not cold enough, and blah-blah-blah. You didn't have a lawyer and that was the courts fault too. Now you want a free lawyer. Stop posting here, man up and do what you have been advised to do in all 25 times you have asked this morning. No lawyer is going to take your case for free. You are almost being elevated to TROLL MODE. You lost your case accept it. Everybody who looses their case blames the system. 3/4 of the prison population didn't get a fair trial, your whine is nothing new, so just stop

• Murzy

Unless you can find a lawyer that will take the case Pro Bono, and most won't want to challenge a judges rulings, you are out of luck.

You *might* plea indigent status, if it's true. But note this: 95%+ of the people who say that their trial wasn't fair, actually did get a fair trial according to the legal definition. There is a big, really BIG difference between losing your case, and being treating unfairly.

You need to supply more details about your case. A "Trial" is not usually the correct terminology for a civil suit in the US.

• Maxi

Being legally fair and losing is very different....... just because you lost doesn't mean it was legally unfair