Scott asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 months ago

Wouldn't mainstream Polygyny help society as a lot of women that would have been single otherwise will have families to call their own?

And Men will not commit infidelity as they have wives who would love him and treat him like a king and kids who would have multiple parents to go to and rely on everybody will win with polygyny

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Best answer

wow--you are making a lot of assumptions. you assume that single women are desperate to find husbands--even if they have to share them with other women--that's wrong. I would say the majority of singles would choose to remain single.

you assume that husbands cheat because they aren't treated well enough (LOL) that would be wrong.

children need multiple parents?? how about they just have parents who stay together and pay attention to their kids??

polygamy works on some level for the kids (lots of attention)--but you end up with jealous wives, and the husband is severely overtaxed unless he happens to be a millionaire, and has lots of extra time on his hands.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

i dont think so

• 4 months ago

But wouldn't it be better if a woman had several husbands? Many women can go forever without being intimate with a man. A man biologically must have sexual release one way or another. And rejection by women and society is probably a significant reason for the proliferation of mass murderers.

• Sherry
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Women that want to be married can usually find some jerk that is willing. In any case, knowing what I know now, remaining single doesn't sound that bad. A house full of cats would have been better than either of my husbands, and I don't need to be married to have a child.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

If a man gets to have 4 wives, then 3 other men will not be able to find partners. This will cause a lot of discontent in a society.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.