Do I get anything in the mail for a speeding ticket? (California)?

I live in California and I pay my own insurance I just don’t want my parents to know. Also how do I know how much my ticket costs, it’s my first time getting one.

its called used your cellphone and call the clerk's office listed on your ticket and ASK HOW MUCH YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR BEING A STUPID IDIOT AND SPEEDING.

You most certainly will. Also your insurance will know, so when the officer writes you a ticket , when you pay it , it is a ticket you keep on paying for quite some time. It is kinda like paying the ticket is a down payment because when you make the decision to speed and then you get caught your insurance will go up considerably. If a person does not have much money one speeding ticket can practically ruin your life..or at least make life tougher to navigate because you may not be able to afford the higher insurance bill, so you may be riding a bike , if you cannot afford to keep up your insurance once it is raised. Tickets can be big time life changers , so it is best to just obey the law, I also suggest you sit next to your mailbox until mail comes if you don't want your parents to see it.

Yes they will send it to you and most likely you can pay over the phone to avoid a court appearance

i think you would know if you got something in the mail or not

• Robert

The ticket will list a court date where you may go to plea your case. You can sometimes talk with the issuing officer and they may reduce the ticket to a non point offense. You'll still pay a fine because that's what our crappy government is all about, but you may not get points on your license. There is also a place on the ticket where you may plea guilty and not go to court. They will mail you a statement telling you how much you owe. I would go to court and even if you can't get it reduced you can pay the fine then and there and have nothing mailed to you, if that is your major concern. Also if my chance the issuing officer does not show up, the ticket will be dismissed.

you get nothing other than the ticket. it is your responsibility to contact the court (information is on the bottom of the ticket), they will tell you what to do, and how much it costs. if this is your first ticket, they may lower it to a parking violation and doesn't go on your record. your insurance may or may not bother to check.

Dude man up and tell them

• ricky

All the info and help is on the ticket. They gave you the ticket at the time of the crime. I don’t believe they will send anything to your address as long as you settle the ticket.