Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 6 months ago

What was the Nazi policy towards Black Americans?

I know the Nazis never had a cat in hells chance of conquering the US.

However What would the Nazis have done to the blacks if they conquered the US?

I watched Amazon Primes "man in the high tower" and a black bartender in "Nazi occupied America" serves a SS German officer a drink and speaks to him cordially.

I thought the Nazis hated blacks?

Wouldn't the Nazis have killed all the black American people if they won? I know they wouldn't have won but hypothetically speaking.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Sharon
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

the plan was to turn them in lower than slaves, more like trained animals

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Funnily enough they did not have time to formulate policy for an event that they knew was fantasy and was never an intention.

You might as well ask what Philip K Dick's policy was.

• 6 months ago

While the black population of Germany at the time of the Third Reich was small, 20–25,000 in a population of over 65 million, the Nazis decided to take action against those in the Rhineland. They despised black culture, which they considered inferior, and sought to prohibit "traditionally black" musical genres such as American jazz as being "corrupt negro music".

• I suggest you read a book on German colonialism in Africa, if you want to actually spin such fantasies.

They tended to try to apply their racial theories and sort Africans into specific racial types. some of which they favored over others.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • xyzzy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You must remember most Germans were not Nazis. Only about 10% were Nazi and many of them only believed in certain parts of the Nazi programs. Many people joined the party for the business and career advantages party membership gave them

• 6 months ago

Nazis killed Black Americans, just as they killed all other Americans and their allies.

• 6 months ago

i think the nazis hated everyone no matter who they were

• y
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Hitler hated black people, take a peek at his comments about Jesse Owens and such.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

The Nazis vs Americans solo, meaning the nazis did not first invade other countries and get bombed by those countries, instead just coordinated an attack against the United States only, I believe they would have stood a fair chance. Or ‘fair’.

The reasoning is because german technology was way better than American , their planes, tanks, armed vehicles.

America had more soldiers by about maybe 3 million, Germany having approx 9m and America approx 12m. But considering how advanced their technology was Germany would have stood a more even chance against the Americans.

As for the question in hand, the belief of Hitler, who controlled and led the nazis, was that anyone not white and/or Jewish was not a person.

They incarcerated, ‘sterilised’ and discriminated against the blacks. I believe the outcome for racism in America would be much worse with Hitler in charge. They also denied statehood to black people.

• 6 months ago

Don't confuse a movie with reality. Hitler's appeal to the people of Germany was based on their "Aryan" ethnicity (just as Trump appeals to white people today and plays on their fears of everyone not just like them). Hitler was starting to make a move on Catholics, too. Look up the story of Jesse Owens and the Berlin Olympics.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.