Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 5 months ago

Need a passport but don’t want to drive?

So I live in the state of Virginia, I have a learners but I’m having a difficult time learning how to drive, apparently in VA you can’t have two ids at the same time I tried to get and ID card but they said they’d have to take my learners, and they told me I could use my learners to get a passport, my learners looks just like an ID card and it has my photo, would I be able to use it?

• ?

Do you eventually want to get your drivers license? If yes, you can use your learners permit to get the passport since it is a government issued ID.

If you do not want to get a drivers license, than I would downgrade your learners permit to a non drivers ID and you can use that to get a passport. Either way, you are covered.

• MS

Yes, the learner's permit is considered a government-issued photo ID. It is acceptable identification for applying for a passport.

They are correct, it is perfectly acceptable. The link below is the official government website about applying for a passport. You will find everything you need to know there, including what ID is acceptable.

So, you think the Virginia DMV lied to you ? ? ? Seriously.

How about looking on the USPS website for passport requirements ? They do issue passports.

The DMV told me I could use it to get one but idk if they know what they’re talking about