Liz asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 6 months ago

Tattoo behind ear disqualifying for military?

I have a tattoo behind my ear about 2 inches long of a flower, and I was hoping to join the Air Force. any recruiters or prior military that can tell me if this tattoo is acceptable in any branch, specifically af?

• Jason

At present, the USAF still does not allow tattoos above the collarbone. They have loosened restrictions on others, but I have seen no guidance updating the policy on tattoos above the collarbone. They are still a no-go.

.

Source(s): Former USAF flight medic and training manager

Tattoos are usually not acceptable if they can be seen when wearing a "Class-A" uniform.

• raymond6 months agoReport

i don't think the one behind the ear is acceptable unless you can cover it with the collar on the shirt, but now the tattoo policy has been changed where you can even have sleeve tattoos and be wearing the blue short sleeve uniform.

have it removed, more painful then receiving the tattoo

• JetDoc

I believe the current Air Force policy on tattoos is that they cannot show while wearing the uniform. A tattoo on the back of your head would probably NOT be allowed.

• raymond6 months agoReport

not true. air force policy on tattoos has changed. i have seen both guys and gals in the air force with tattoos all over their arms while in uniform. i saw two in a restaurant about two weeks ago in the blue short sleeve uniform with them on the arms and they were fresh and in color.

Nothing visible while in uniform.......so unless your hair now completely and totally covers the tattoo........

nope, sorry.........PDQ.

• Weasel McWeasel

and all tats, regardless of location, still have to meet REGS. Nothing offensive, nothing racist, no gang related tats.......etc. ALL PDQ.

• Ron

The Neck

The Face

The Head

The Scalp

The Tongue

The Lips

The Hands

Have that ear surgically enlarged to cover that tattoo.

nope, nothing on the head