Want a NAS file server with RAID-1. But want my Windows PC to read the hard drive as well.?

With these NAS enclosures, if I configure RAID-1, I can't just take the drive out of the device and read it from my Windows and I must read through this device because of the RAID interface. I don't like that. I want RAID-1 and I also want to be able to take the drives out whenever and read through my... show more With these NAS enclosures, if I configure RAID-1, I can't just take the drive out of the device and read it from my Windows and I must read through this device because of the RAID interface. I don't like that. I want RAID-1 and I also want to be able to take the drives out whenever and read through my Windows PC. I also don't want to be running a full PC dedicated to the file server. What are my options? Any creative ideas?