Long shot but here it is. I am from Iowa and my newborn daughter is in the NICU at the university?

My daughter has hirschsprung s disease and is going to have to have surgery on monday. My girlfriend is on maternity leave for two and a half months. Where we live and work is an hour and a half away from the hospital that she had to be treated at. I ve been going to work and coming back monday through Friday the last week and in the coming up weeks. Gas is getting very expensive and my mother is mp longer able to help us with money. Of anybody on here is willing to help us out it would be very much appreciated.

You'd have better luck over at GoFundMe or WeCare.

• .

Large cities usually have a Ronald McDonald House that can offer housing and other help for families of children in need of support. Ask to speak to a social worker and inquire about this.

If you can't afford the gas to the hospital, you obviously can't afford to have a child.

The hospital where your daughter is will have a social welfare person who would have resources for you.

No cyberbegging. But your employer might allow you to take sick leave, use accrued vacation, or take personal days off for a few days under the circumstances of your baby's surgery, being in NICU.

• Ben

Try a local charity - United Way, township, etc.

Here are some pictures