Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 6 months ago

Do you think something is strange here or am I’m just overreacting?

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 3 years. He tells me he want us to get married and have a family and all. I use to feel the same but not anymore. He have this female friend and I feel like he likes her. He does more generous things for her than me. When she ask him to do her favors, he would do it and rushes back to her and then when I ask him to do something for me.. he’ll stall and take forever. He doesn’t care about me and never make time for me.. It hurts. When his female friend is around, he acts like the best boyfriend ever all of the sudden. I feel he likes her and I know she knows he likes her because she’s a whore and this give her an ego boost. I asked him how he feels about her and he told me he only see her like a sister but why does it seem like he wants to sex her? Why does he act super nice to her? and treat me like crap when I’m always right by his side? She’s not even as sexy or good looking as she think. This girl messes with me. She talks very cocky to me. I can’t believe my bf find nothing wrong with this. He said nothing to me. I can’t believe he loves her more than me. Ugh. I want to dump him. I feel so sad and so hurt. I hate him. He makes me feel ugly. By thinking so much about them and wondering if he’s even still into me and everything makes me angry. How do you stop letting stupid things like this make you jealous?

It's hard to say what the nature of his relationship with this "girl" is. But if you're having this many doubts and you're not even engaged yet it's probably time to step back and be a little pragmatic about the situation. The things that bother us when we're dating tend to be magnified when we're married. Don't marry into a scenario you know will drive you crazy.

That can be very hurtful and no,you are not over-reacting. You may need to sit down with him and have that 'talk' about your relationship and your future. You are now seeing a man that could, potentially, be a cheater. Or, maybe not. It's hard to say at this stage. Does he portray narcissistic qualities? This other person is also in the wrong. She needs to be around single people not people in relationships or find her own man. Could this be a big red flag for you? You deserve better and I wish you well.

I think you have a right to be upset. Your boyfriend is treats you as a second option to this other girl even though you are his boyfriend. What I think you need to do is to talk to him about this and vent your frustrations to him. Communication is the key and maybe when he sees how upset he is making you he will back off her. In saying that, the key to bringing him back is to increase the amount of time he spends around you. Be shrewd about it by planning stuff for the both of you to do. Think about it - if your boyfriend is around you then he can't be giving attention to this other girl. Eventually, your boyfriend will catch on to the amount of effort and affection that is being shown towards him and begin to reciprocate it. I really hope that this helps :)

Source(s): What was your boyfriend like when you first started dating? Was he ever the romantic towards you?

You have all these evidences that show that something isn't right here. You're not overreacting and honestly the best advice here is to leave him. He doesn't deserve your genuine time and effort especially if he is not willing to distribute the same. You might want to confront this issue first with him but if he seems to avoid the topic and make excuses, I would drop him. You will find a better person.

He's not the only man in this world. Do what you would do if you were to give advice to someone else who is in your position. Good luck!

So your bf treats you bad and sniffs after another girl? You are upset. And you wanna know if you are over reacting? Seems to me you are not reacting at all. Seems to me that you should dump him and try to meet a guy who will treat you at least as good a he would treat a dog. That would be a better life.

And who knows? Ya might meet a guy who would treat you like a lady deserves.