My bf acting cold since this conversation?

I’ve been with my boyfriend for a year and 2 months. Because he’s right with money he couldn’t afford a gift for me this year or last year. He switched his shift at work so now he has an overnight job. We were discussing my birthday a few days ago It went like this. me: “My birthday is next Friday” My bf: what... show more I’ve been with my boyfriend for a year and 2 months. Because he’s right with money he couldn’t afford a gift for me this year or last year. He switched his shift at work so now he has an overnight job. We were discussing my birthday a few days ago It went like this.

me: “My birthday is next Friday”

My bf: what are you doing for it

Me: my manager is taking me to this new club but, I can’t think of the name.. it’s in the old shopping center

Him: you can’t think of the name? That means you don’t wanna go

Me: i do wanna go

Him: no you don’t

TL:DR; ever since this conversation he’s been acting cold and like I’ve done something too him. Not sure what the real issue is ?