Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 6 months ago

My bf acting cold since this conversation?

I’ve been with my boyfriend for a year and 2 months. Because he’s right with money he couldn’t afford a gift for me this year or last year. He switched his shift at work so now he has an overnight job. We were discussing my birthday a few days ago It went like this.

me: “My birthday is next Friday”

My bf: what are you doing for it

Me: my manager is taking me to this new club but, I can’t think of the name.. it’s in the old shopping center

Him: you can’t think of the name? That means you don’t wanna go

Me: i do wanna go

Him: no you don’t

TL:DR; ever since this conversation he’s been acting cold and like I’ve done something too him. Not sure what the real issue is ?

Time to find another boyfriend if he's too tight to buy you a birthday present. For goodness sake, a small, even cheap gift once a year for one's girlfriend is a MUST if he cares for you. He'd rather let your work friends take you out for a birthday celebration than do anything for you himself. Why are you bothering to even talk to him? Dump him and find a guy who'll put his hand in his pocket occasionally. Who wants a tight-wad?

• Teal

It probably hurts his pride that he can't take you out for your birthday, and he may be jealous that you get to do something fun without him. But that is his problem. His insecurity should not stop you from having a good time. Confront him if he doesn't quit moping soon, but otherwise I would just leave him be and hopefully he will get over it himself.

• Prudence6 months agoReport

I don’t ask him for birthday gifts or anything like that though

NOT every relationship you get into is for you OR 

will workout forever. 

Relationships give you experience on Right and Wrong ones. 

Sometimes you or they will mess up and a misunderstanding 

could end you as a couple. 

Somewhere along the way, you must have forgotten that you are his GF, because YOU WANT TO BE...

NOT by Penalty, Court Order or Ownership.