Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 6 months ago

Was it stupid to go to the ER for constipation?

My baby was so constipated and was screaming in pain but after a while he stopped but once he was laid on his back again he was screaming.. hard poop was coming out and he was in a lot of pain.. was it stupid to go to the hospital for constipation

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

When it hurts to poop that's not normal. The book says Everybody Poops, but nowhere does it say everybody cries when they poop...because they don't. It xould have been serious...it also may not have been. How the **** were you to know? Huh? Tak him.

• 6 months ago

LO had multiple digestive issues right after his birth and was were struggling hard to comfort him at any cost. He was super constipated and gas would make him cry hysterically. Babies magic tea saved our sanity and now he passes stool without any struggle.

• 6 months ago

No, it was a reasonable choice. But I would have tried a Fleet babylax mini-enema first.

• 6 months ago

Well presumably you called the pediatrician first and he/she suggested you go to the ER, so it wouldn't be stupid.

If you went to the ER for anything not immediately life-threatening without calling the pediatrician first, that's... well, not using common sense.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

No, it was not - you had no way of knowing exactly what was wrong with him, and it could have been something quite serious.

• 6 months ago

No I think you did the right thing because a baby can not speak and tell u something is wrong.. what if it was something serious?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.