Which place would you choose to move to if you were me?

Illinois

Indiana

Colorado

Texas

Alaska

Oregon

Wyoming

Kansas

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

If I were you I’d know what kind of lifestyle you aspire to and would therefore be able to make an informed decision. As I’m not you and I know nothing about you this isn’t a call I can make.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Colorado. I hate the cold though but lucky I am being you ;)

• 3 months ago

Texas is good, but if you're worried about your kids don't move there. There's alot of perverts in Texas, it's a Red State after alll

• John
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Most people don't, in fact, decide where to live by throwing darts at a dartboard.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Andrew
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

But I'm not you. In fact, I don't know anything about you. I don't have any idea what you're looking for in terms of the place where you'd like to settle. What's important to you? Finding a good job? Cost of living? Nature? Nightlife? Culture? Weather? Do you want to live in a large city, a medium sized city, a small town, in the middle of nowhere? The smallest US state on your list is nearly the size of Hungary and the largest is bigger than Iran. There's plenty of variety to be found in each of them.

Illinois is mostly corn fields outside of its urbanised and suburbanised northeastern portion.

Indiana has some very terrible cities, lots of trailer parks, and not much else going for it.

Colorado has areas of incredible natural beauty, areas where there's immense wealth, and vast areas of nothingness.

Texas is an immense place - so big in fact that its distinct regions bear little resemblance to one another. West Texas is nothing like East Texas. There are big cities, quaint small towns, and again - a whole lot of nothing.

Alaska is one of the largest political divisions on this planet. There's an incredible amount of variety to life there.

Oregon is another large state. Portland is a very progressive place, but there are plenty of places that are nothing like it.

Wyoming is one of the least populous states in the union. The largest city would barely qualify as a sizable town in many other parts of the country.

Kansas is over 400 miles wide. There are three or four pockets in the entire state where the population density increases a bit, and nearly the entire western portion of the state is empty.

Having visited all of them, I'd probably put Colorado first. There are some areas that I wouldn't want to live - parts of Denver are awful and many of the other sizable towns are just terribly bland. I spent ten days in Greeley and it was a terrible experience. Boulder is nice. The people are open-minded, but they're still very salt-of-the-Earth. If you can deal with the winters, it's not bad. The drier parts of the state are not very happening, but the quality of life isn't bad.

Indiana would be at the very bottom of the list. I hated the place. Everything about it is just terrible. The cities are all holes. The quality of life statewide isn't great. There's very little culture. Racial tensions are bad in a lot of places, unemployment is high. I was very glad that when I was there all I had to do to get out was to drive into Kentucky which is far and away a much better state in every possible category.

Alaska and Wyoming are places where I wouldn't live unless I had to. If I were working in a field where I could find good work there, then maybe, but in terms of everyday living, they're not very enticing.

Kansas isn't a bad place overall. The people are great. But it's incredibly boring.

The bulk of my experience with the USA has been travelling in the East and the Midwest. I'm not a huge fan of the West Coast. I don't like the people and I can't stand the accent and the diction. It's bland. I wouldn't want to live in Oregon. I preferred Washington State to Oregon, and by a very wide margin.

Parts of Texas are all right. I love Fredericksburg. Austin is overrated. Houston is terrible, Dallas is terrible, San Antonio is terrible. But the food is good and it's got a great feel to it, I just don't think I would ever be able to adapt to their ridiculous propensity for believing that Texas is the best place in the universe.

Shouldn't be too difficult of a decision to make once you eliminate half the options on the list:

Alaska, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Oregon, Texas, Wyoming.

Give Alaska, Indiana, Wyoming and Oregon a miss...

That leaves you with Colorado, Illinois, Kansas and Texas...

Colorado versus Illinois - Colorado

Colorado versus Kansas - Colorado

Colorado versus Texas - Colorado.

Pretty simple.

• 3 months ago

Colorado. Oregon or Wyoming...depending on what you are looking for.

I would not move to Texas.

• Sharon
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

Oregon.

However, as me I might consider Indiana to be near some relatives or New Hampshire, where I lived for a year as a kid, and loved.

• DEBS
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

If I were you, I apparently would have no idea and would ask random people around the world to pretend to be me.

• 3 months ago

Colorado. It's a great place to live with a good economy and lots to see and do.

• 3 months ago

I can't tell you which place I'd choose if I was you because I'm not you! I can only tell you which place I'd choose if I was me, because I know what I like.

My faves on the list would be Colorado and Oregon. Oregon has a number of very nice small-to-medium sized cities along the I5 corridor--Salem, Eugene, Corvallis (not far off I5), etc. And, of course, Portland. Nice moderate climate, moderate culture, probably good opportunities. And the ocean is only like 50 miles away.

Colorado is similar except instead of an ocean you have spectacular mountains. And I never spent a winter there, and I wonder what that's like.

I was in Texas earlier this year and it's also surprisingly pretty nice. I was in San Antonio which is everything a city should be. And actually I was surprised how nice people were there. Good Mexican food too!

Illinois has Chicago. If you like big cities that's not a bad one (despite what you hear).

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.