Sick betta fish, can someone help?

Bought my betta 5 days ago & knew nothing about the nitrogen cycle. I do now and parameters are good but I'm afraid damage is done. That wasn't my only mistake. I thought aqua safe took care of ammonia/nitrate/ph, it does not.  Day 1- bought aquarium w filter. Conditioned tap water & added safe... show more Bought my betta 5 days ago & knew nothing about the nitrogen cycle. I do now and parameters are good but I'm afraid damage is done. That wasn't my only mistake. I thought aqua safe took care of ammonia/nitrate/ph, it does not. 
Day 1- bought aquarium w filter. Conditioned tap water & added safe start. Bought 1 fish, acclimated & added to tank. He ate but this is the only time. Later, he stayed at the top of tank and wouldn't go back down.
Day 2- fish still at top. Took water for test, low ph and high ammonia/nitrate but never told me how high. I did a water change (&daily,)used water conditioner & seachem prime. Checked water, parameters good.
Day 3- fish at bottom of tank, breathing hard. I assumed due to ammonia/nitrate poisoning on day 1. I Iearned about methylene blue baths. I started giving him baths daily using his tank water.
Day 4- fish still at bottom, parameters ok. Continued MB baths. His eyes seemed buggy, but hard to tell only having him a few days. It seemed there was something white when he turns his eye a certain way, but hard to tell.
Day 5 (today)- still at bottom, no change, parameters good. After his MB bath, took him to the patio because lighting is better, took some photos. When i looked at pics, saw white dots. I had to zoom & increase light on camera, could it be sediment from the water or is that ich? It's not as noticeable when you look at him. His face seems like hes getting some patches. Is this from ammonia, or does he have an infection?
7 answers 7