Why does the left want open borders in their own country?

For those who feel what I stated is a falsehood, explain why you feel those that enter illegally or overstay Visas should be rewarded with a pathway to citizenship.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

First, I am not for "open borders." That said, if people want to come here to be productive citizens, which MOST immigrants want, why should we not encourage them? Why should we punish the people who come here, work hard, pay taxes (which they will never benefit from)? These are true Americans!

• So you are for open borders if you feel they come if they're just looking for work, regardless if they're properly documented.

• 6 months ago

So that they don't die. The U.S. needs more immigrants than can come legally. Without illegal immigration, there would be many more deaths, in our country as well as theirs.

• 6 months ago

Who says I do? Do you agree with everything every republican politician says?

• ...Show all comments
    • it is i
      Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

Again, which liberals are you talking about? Liberals means at least two, it does not mean every one or nearly every one or even a majority.

• 6 months ago

Votes..............

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

lol "most liberals" is that why only one, strangely anonymous has said that?

oh please, your fear mongering and propaganda got stale two years ago, even Trump knows better than to talk about it anymore

• 6 months ago

They hope these ignorant illegals will VOTE FOR THEM TO GAIN POWER IN GOVERNMENT.

• Mike
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Castro said He would not charge illegals for crossing .

• Bubber
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

That same old campaign tactic wont work on most white folks anymore.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Open borders are safest,

I'd like respect for MY right to immigrate- to a country with bike lanes.

Concentration camps seem to spring up TOO readily.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Only when other countries have open borders for the citizens of the USA. Only Saudi Arabia, China and Switzerland has a more powerful passport.

• yogicskier
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

I guess you didn't know that we had open travel with Canada and Mexico not so long ago.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.