Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 12 months ago

What should I have done. I was in a Pizza shop I was walking twords the bathroom. When I was 36 inches away from the door a lady?

10 feet away - aprox age 30 suddenly runs twords the bathroom goes in & shuts the door.

I'm a guy if it would have been another guy I would have yelled & pushed my way in ahead of him.

But I couldn't think of how to respond to a lady. So I did nothing. (there was only 1 bathroom in this pizza shop)

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 12 months ago
    Favourite answer

If someone is in such a hurry that they actually push their way in front of someone who was already practically at the door, I would assume they were desperate, and would do nothing except hope she comes out soon.

I might call through the door, 'Are you all right in there?' to make it clear than I did notice ...

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

Sounds like she was having an emergency. But she should have told you do. There's really not much you can do in that situation.

• 12 months ago

if that happened to me i would assume the food she ate was bad and got the **** on up out of there

• edward
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

How did she beat you when you were 7 feet ahead of her, pressuming you were walking at a normal pace it should’ve only taken you 0.3 seconds to go that distance. Since the average person can walk at a speed of 3 m/s and 3 feet is almost 1 meter it shouldn’t have taken you more than half a second to reach the door

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

not much you could do but tell her i was here first

• 12 months ago

Sometimes the need to use the toilet comes on very suddenly. It could have been the need to pee, a bout of diarrhea, or even a sudden upset stomach requiring vomiting.

I hope you were not in great distress yourself, and were able to wait until she came out again. You did right, not to make an issue of it.

• 12 months ago

if she were running I would assume she was in dire straits and not say anything--but think sympathetic thoughts while I waited--If I was also in dire straits I would have yelled--but I am a gal-not a guy..so it would be more socially acceptable.

• 12 months ago

If a woman at the pizza shop needs to get to the bathroom that quickly, I would eat elsewhere.

• 12 months ago

I cannot imagine any circumstances why anyone would want to have a bath in a pizza shop, let alone two people at the same time. I can't imagine why a pizza shop would even provide bathrooms. You must have some strange pizza shops where you live.

• not
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

There is no response. You can't teach respect or courtesy in one interaction. All you can do is be a better person and be a better parent. You live in the age of entitlement; You won't convince this lady she is wrong.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.