Dale asked in HealthOptical · 6 months ago

Is it possible to go color blind from severe emotional trauma?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

As far as I know, a person either is or is not color-blind. There's more than one kind of color-blindness – "red/green" is the most common kind. It's more frequently seen in males than in females, since it seems to be hereditary and linked to the shorter Y chromosome. The one guy I ever knew with this condition said that things that people told him were red or green all looked brownish to him. Green traffic lights are made with some blue in the lenses, so that people with this type of color blindness can see them better.

Total color blindness is much more rare. The army sought out men with this condition, because they were less likely to be fooled by camouflage.

• 6 months ago

The reason I ask is because I saw it in an anime and, I want to either confirm or debunk if it can actually happen. I have found that you can go blind from emotional and physical trauma but, so far I have not found out if you can become color blind.

• donnie
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

I have never heard of this but anything is possible.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Never heard of that, but the mind can do weird stuff ...........................

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

It could be possible, who knows?

• 6 months ago

It seems a bit unusual but I suppose anything's possible. Emotional trauma can have some pretty weird and significant effects (though I've never heard of that one).

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.