My dad called me the n word. He apologized and said he loves me?

My parents are married. My dad has been trying to buy me a laptop. He bought me Lenovo and I said I wanted the Apple laptop. I love Apple and I have an iPad as well as iPhone. He said I didn't need another Apple product. I told him I didn't want it and to take it back. He said I'm being ungrateful. I... show more My parents are married. My dad has been trying to buy me a laptop. He bought me Lenovo and I said I wanted the Apple laptop. I love Apple and I have an iPad as well as iPhone. He said I didn't need another Apple product. I told him I didn't want it and to take it back. He said I'm being ungrateful. I said I don't care take it back I don't want that s-word you never listen. He then called me an ungrateful little n-word. He immediately apologized. I told my mom but she doesn't believe me. My dad called me an hour ago but I hate him and he's racist. He never called me that before. I'm crying as I write that but why did my dad call me that? I don't want to talk to him, I am so hurt. I'm an 18 year old freshman in college and I really needed that laptop. I feel bad for making my dad angry.

I thought I was his little girl but he really hurt my feelings. Why does he want to make up for it now?