Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 10 months ago

My manager is 15 years younger than me and don’t feel I should follow him due to his age and inexperience with the company.?

How can I “coach” him to catch up and learn how the culture we’ve already put in place? He is trying to change the rules and pace of our work after it has been implemented for years. Ideas?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago
    Favourite answer

You sound like a complete and utter FOOL. IF he is your manager he does rule you. Your assss would not last a day at any one of my companies.

TROLL and BULLSHIT alert!

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

He is your manager for a reason and the company gave him that job for a reason, not you! May be your not as experienced as you think you are!

• Vortex
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Do what he tells you in every detail. If he messes up he will be fired. If he doesn't it will prove he was right for the job.

• hart
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

he want to make himself important

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

It’s not a matter of seniority so stop whining. I see you replying to others comments saying that you’re writing him up? HOW? You literally said he’s the manager which puts him above you dumbass. Also, times change and traditions change he may be younger but that could be the whole reason he’s in a higher position to begin with is because unlike you he understands it’s not about doing the same thing you’ve always done but instead changing to match the times. You sound like egotistical defiant crybaby teenager. I bet at this point he’s more mature than you too narrow minded dick. You literally sound entitled for thinking that just because you been there longer that you should automatically get the job, and moreover you sound jealous that you didn’t get the job. You are a perfect example of an adult that acts like a child.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Age doesn't matter. Experience and responsibility matters and that's why your manager is the manager. If you are uncomfortable with that, then you need to get a new job. Don't waste his time while he's busy taking care of everyone else too.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

My suggestion is that you quit before you are fired.

There's a reason he's the manager and you, with all your experience, are not.

• Dort
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

You're going to be on the short list for being made redundant.

• donnie
    Lv 4
    10 months ago

Well he is your manager. Age does not matter in this case either follow the directions of your manager or get wrote up. If it is that big of a problem maybe consider getting a new job.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Obviously he’s better than you or he wouldn’t be in charge of you.

• Edna
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

His age isn't important. He is your manager. He IS in charge of you. Your company thought highly enough of his abilities to make him a manager. You've been with the company for years, and you still haven't advanced to a management position? That explains why he's a manager, and you're not.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.