Can we really stop SCP-1548 the star headed toward earth?

I know that it's traveling less than the speed of light, and will take over 5000 years to reach us. But even 5000 years in the future, do you think it's possible to stop a maniacal star that wants to kill us?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Let me board my time travel machine and get back to you.

• Retief
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

IF there was such a thing as a "maniacal star that wants to kill us", no we could not stop it.

Explain why you think a star that is over 6500 light years away even knows about u

• ...Show all comments
    • Tiana6 months agoReport

Yes, there are some plot holes in the story. Let's not say "a maniacal star" isn't possible, because how could we know what's possible in the universe when we have barely gotten past our own moon. But how could we stop such an event? That's what I want to know.

• 6 months ago

If we could stop the nonsense that is infiltrating astronomy these days, then that would be a start.

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You are the victim of FAKE NEWS>

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

All references to SCP-1548 have been replaced with SCP-1548. Please make a note of it.

• 6 months ago

First, the 'hateful star' has been classified Keter-SCP. A simple pulsar. Given its location in the crab nebula and the rate space between us is shrinking, it will take a helluva lot longer than 5000 years to even pose any threat.

More like 5 million years.

I know the sci-fi writers love to play on this and the movies, like Jurassic park season their storyboards with just enough fact to make these fantasies seem logical, but real world, simply not that way and can't happen.

Even that Message in Morse code is no such message without a vivid imagination.

One can depict any message from any pulsar in that,,doesn't make it so.

I don't know to pass this whole thing off as bunk or just ignore it. My world is within reality.

• Nyx
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Meh. It's fictional.

You ought to be more worried about this one - which is all too real.

http://www.physics-astronomy.com/2017/01/a-star-he...

Then there was this one, which passed by some 70,000 years ago.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/passing-...

I'm not really "worried" about it. I would be surprised if mankind hasn't destroyed itself before it gets here. It's at least 5000 years off, probably more. I'm just interested in this one. I know there are much more eminent threats.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

What kind of drugs are you on?

There is no star heading towards Earth, except in fiction.

You can Google it. It's coming from the direction of the Crab Nebula. It's being closely monitored, which I think is a mistake. If we ignore it, it might lose interest in us. But can we ever stop it?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.