Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 6 months ago

Starbucks barista closing procedure!?

I am 16 and work at Starbucks I have been only working openings but will start to close due to school.. we always have a key holder or shift supervisor during opening and closing.. I wanted to know if when we close do I have to count my till or do I let the supervisor do it. I heard many stores that the supervisors do it and typically in the mornings I always see my supervisor counting the till.. just curious.

They will tell you .

No Starbucks is going to have a 16 year old in charge of closing.

• John

you'll be told what your closing duties are, but i doubt they'll have you count out the till. managers or bookkeepers almost always do that because it's important to be extremely accurate. you'll probably just have to clean up and take out the trash, that's what i do as a cashier

You’ll have to ask what they’re standard operating procedure is, as it varies with management.

they will tell you what to do. Asking complete strangers will get you weird answers.

• Bill

Ask your supervisor.

Asking here makes no sense at all. How could anyone here know for sure, and how could you know if they knew? Ask the supervisor at the place you work. That's the only opinion that counts.

• no

It's the supervisors who do it, because they are the one who are handling the money. They have to count it and see if any money is missing and report it on the computer.