Taylor asked in PetsDogs · 6 months ago

Does anyone know what could possibly be wrong with my dog?

I have a 5 lb, 12 year old chihuahua. Recently she has been very sick, with diarrhea and vomiting. After many many ER, hospital and vet visits she seems to be ok, I am just thankful that she is still alive. However, it seems that now she is having a serious breathing problem. She will do this thing when she is laying down where she completely stops breathing for about 3-4 seconds and then quickly lifts her head and gasps for air. This is giving me serious anxiety, I watch her at all times to comfort her. I have tried googling this but cant find anything. She has had xrays and ultrasounds on almost every part of her body and her veterinarian says everything is normal. Can anyone PLEASE, please let me know what they think this might be, and/or what I can do to help her?

Did your vet do any blood tests - where they ALL normal in values, no lower or higher than normal Red or White blood cells? If all checked out, then make a phone video of what you are seeing (as JC suggested) and take that in, or TEXT it - in to your vet, for further treatment/advice. You can of course take your test results & go see somebody ELSE for a 2nd opinion but you need the video.

• J C

That can be a symptom of bronchitis, fluid in the lungs, a heart issue. Get back to the vet - this is totally unrelated to the diarrhea. Take a cell phone video of what you have seen, as then you can show the vet if he doesn't show the symptoms at the vet. Call this morning - any potential heart issue needs a vet visit quickly. And your dog is a senior dog - that means any issue is more in need of quick diagnosis.

Take the dog to a vet if you want a firm diagnosis and treatment: Yahoo answers cant offer that cos theres not a vet among them. Any Vets are all far to busy making money in their practices ya see.

• PR

I would take her to a different vet, along with any records you might have on the recent visits. You might try giving her a little probiotics if there is any diarrhea, and some canned pumpkin in her food. DO NOT overdo the probiotics, or she could get constipated - just a pinch.

Was the dog checked for worms or other parasites?

Go to a different vet, although I am wondering whether you are just noticing a breathing issue that already existed. Perhaps you are more aware since the dog has been so sick.

https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/health/the-dog-f...

• patty

take to vet we are not vets

Canine has digestive issue likely caused by toxic chemicals in environment. Such chemicals lead to irritable bowel syndromes, cancers, pneumonias, more.

Start by giving pet intestinal cleanse smoothie. Recipe is shown here:

- Capful laxative agent

- 1/2 Teaspoon nutmeg

- 2 Tablespoons honey

- 1/2 Cup grapes

- 1/2 Cup cherries

Blend ingredients in blinder and serve through pet dish. Such recipe will cleanse pet liver of dangerous toxins and free radicals.

After cleanse, pet should be given soy-based vegan diet and multivitamin tablet twice daily permanently. Resolution will be seen in two months.

• E. H. Amos

TROLL!!!!!!!!!!! IGNORE!!!!!

Buy a good air cleaner and put it near to where he sleeps. Perhaps, a Winix. Do you clean your air ducts regularly and your A/C return every three weeks? If you have birds, especially powder down birds, this is even more important, for humans too. Dirty air can definitely cause breathing problems. We added birds and added two more Winix air cleaners. What a huge difference they made.