Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 3 months ago

Why is Hotel California such a beautiful song?

When I listen, I get a sense of depression, hopelessness, but at the same time feel like that's how life is and the song is a lesson that life is inescapable and bad things happen. Hotel california represents your mind going through depression and how you can escape it temporarily but you'll always be drawn back in.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

I think it was more the blending of the vocals than the actual lyrics. But that is just my take on the song. It was one of the better albums of that era. I recall a party we had and I was asked to play the album again and again.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

The last two and half minutes is one of the best guitar solos of all time.

• It pulls you in and keeps you there.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

the music itself. It is not like a straight line but more like a rocky road, back and forth.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Betty
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

It isn't...I need earplugs when that cones on the radio...

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

It's not. It's about a Satanic cult.

• Road Warrior3 months agoReport

I think it's addiction: "..could be heaven. or..Hell. Can check in anytime..can never leave." Some Biker clubs are this way, too. Cant leave.

• 3 months ago

I believe it is a song about drug addiction.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Never did like that piece of caterwauling, either when it came out or today.

• 3 months ago

How did we go from that to modern music? Songs that have deeper meaning to rapping about boobs

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Actually it's a song about drug addiction.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.