Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 5 months ago

Is watching porn bad?

Hello this is a serious question I need help with. So I’m an adult guy and single. Sometimes I watch hardcore porn and jack off to it in order to satisfy myself. Once it’s over I usually feel regret and worry that I’m weird for watching it.

Is there any negative health/psychological effects of watching porn? Does it make me a bad person and should I stop watching it for good? I want to live a good and healthy life.

I really appreciate a serious answer thanks a lot.

Favorite Answer

Watching porn (and masturbating) isn't necessarily 'bad', but it can easily become an obsession. It can also destroy relationships and prevent you and/or your partner(s) from having fulfilling sex.

It gives some people an unrealistic idea of what actual sex is like - especially because some of the common positions you will see are less about pleasure, and more about giving the camera a better view of the action.

over time p0rn will desensitize your body for actual sex

• Josie

It is bad that you feel guilty about something that most guys

do because they like watching it.

Porn is simply films about a human activity "most" people

engage in. Why do you need our help to watch it.

It is probably no more addictive than watching football.

Maybe stop watching all these awful sermons on Youtube.

• Mark

You'd be far further along your journey if you dropped all the unnecessary judgements against yourself.

The key is 'sometimes'. That's totally fine. It's only when it becomes frequent, then far too often - and interferes with or replaces normal relationships - unrealistically comparing to what you see on screen, then you can worry.

The reason you feel "bad" after orgasm is just a physical reaction to a post-adrenaline rush. It's not some nebulous god telling you that you're a bad boy for masturbating to porn.

As for watching porn itself...like most things in life, moderation is the key. There is such a thing as Too Much Of A Good Thing.

No. First it must be made clear The mental health community rejects the notion of any kind of "addiction" to sex, because it is not measurable in terms of a withdraw syndrome. Secondly, "Porn" is about fantasy- whereas Sex is much more...lack luster because of the fact that most likely you're probably NOT dating a porn star. (and if you are you need to get tested yesterday). That said, morals about sex are largely rooted in religion. So that depends upon what way you want to approach things.

• River Euphrates

"Sex is much more...lack luster"

I feel bad for you...