Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentCivic Participation · 6 months ago

Missouri Jury Duty Question?

Hello, a couple weeks ago i got a questionnaire for jury duty in the mail, i did some research online an it says i gotta be 21+ for jury duty in Missouri, I'm 18....

Can someone help?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • DON W
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Look at what court sent you the questionnaire. If it's for a Federal court (meaning a US Government court), the age limit is 18, not 21. The Federal court system has courts in all 50 states, where cases involving violation of federal law are tried.

If it's from a state court, you are correct that you are too young to serve. You return it to them with a notation of your birth date.

• ...Show all comments
    • DON W
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

That means it's for a Federal court, and the age limit is 18. The Missouri age limit doesn't apply.

• 6 months ago

It was sent to you in error. A friend of mine received voting papers when she was 16.

• 6 months ago

you return the thing to the court clerk with photocopy of your driver's license [showing you're under jury age] and they'll take care of it

• Bill
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

If the questionnaire asks your date of birth, and if state law says you must be 21, that's it, you won't have to go for jury duty.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Take a deep breath, calm down, relax. Jury duty is a great way to experience american jurisprudence. Research the courthouse you are to report and ask them about what age you have to be or if uninterested you could actually visit the courthouse and ask them in person.

• 6 months ago

On your summons, there should be a number of the Court to call if you have any questions. That would qualify as a question, so you should call THEM. Since not going if you're supposed to could mean fines and perhaps a warrant, you should call the people that can give you a definitive answer. Not the Internet.

• Brian
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Fill it out, but let them know you are only 18.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.