My husband asked a female friend when I can’t make the cruise with him. Am I crazy to be upset?

My husband and I booked a 7 day cruise with honeymoon room, non refundable. I can’t make it anymore due to unforeseen visa issues. After checking with a few friends he asked a female friend of his, whom we’ve had multiple arguments about. I clearly communicated I wasn’t comfortable with her and he showed understanding. She ended up couldn’t make the dates neither but I’m super upset about it. If she said yes he’s gonna just stay in the same room with her and maybe just one king bed on a cruise for 7 days and expect me to be ok with it?? I don’t even know how to start the argument that’s just so against even common sense to me. How should I approach this?

Favorite Answer

"After checking with a few friends he asked a female friend of his, whom we’ve had multiple arguments about."

So his other friends couldn't make it then he asked this one? What have the arguments been about?

If you're jealous and insecure that's your issue not his.

Anyway, why not just put effort into selling the tickets rather than finding a replacement for you? I wouldn't want to go on a cruise without my wife but I can't just throw money away either.

• Brother X

You'll be OK, the important thing is you're together, even if that's a short break in the same country you reside in, I'm sure you can make it to him in your own special way too, in the grand scheme of things it's only money at the end of the day. God bless and all the best

You are not crazy. Your husband is a focking loser.

This has to be a troll. No husband is that dumb.

I would have just canceled the cruise, collected any refund and taken a different holiday, one that you could both have enjoyed, but I guess that is just me. If there was no refund I would have tried to sell the cruise to another couple and recouped some money that way.

There is no way I would accept my husband sharing a honeymoon suite with anyone but me.

sounds like hanky panky

• PD

You have two choices. Go or shut yer yap hole. Who cares? If he's married to you it's just sex with this other woman. You're unwilling to go, so what's the problem?

That is grounds for divorce.

Divorce him bc he is cheating with the female riend.

• Ana

First of all, how do you know that she’s actually not going to secretly come? He probably just told you that she couldn’t come (or had her text pretending like she couldn’t come) so that you would calm down and get off his case.

But I agree with you, that’s completely unacceptable and he clearly wanted to cheat. But at the same time, you’re screwing up with your visa issues and I can see why he was pissed off. You both need to get on your A game