Accused of stealing/giving away drinks??

I recently started a new job, bar tending during the day. I am usually alone except for the prep cooks in the back. I really liked the new job until today. Before work my boss tells me he needs to talk with me. He tells me he wants to hear my side of an issue that was brought to his attention from the week before.... show more I recently started a new job, bar tending during the day. I am usually alone except for the prep cooks in the back. I really liked the new job until today. Before work my boss tells me he needs to talk with me. He tells me he wants to hear my side of an issue that was brought to his attention from the week before.

He tells me a local customer saw me giving away free drinks to a group of overly intoxicated individuals and one of them was my boyfriend.

1st, I wasn't giving anything away, 2nd, I don't have a boyfriend, I did not know the individuals at all, 3rd and most importantly I am married. We trust each other, but still, we live in a small town. My husband was furious after I told him about the accusation. He wanted me to walk off the job. But I didn't and carried on through the day.

As the day went on and the more I thought about it the angrier I got. Although the owners say they trust me, do they really?

I don't know if I'm overthinking the situation? I was told they believe me and have my back, but I kind of feel like I was accused when they brought it up. It had been an entire week before I was talked to. I also found out later, from my other boss the customer actually told another employee, who then told them.

Sorry this is so long, I just want to know if I am overreacting, overthinking or if this is how any business would act in the same situation. Or should they have handled the situation another way? The whole thing took the wind out if my sails.