Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 5 months ago

My teacher were trying my ability to open a gpedit.msc and I can't open it. I already tried 3 ways and didn't work. He is using Windows 10?

• Lv 7

it may not be Pro. Home doesn't have it.

if it's a school PC, they likely locked it down so you cannot run it.

It would help to know what operating system you are using yourself, if it's Windows 10 is it the professional version or home version? Gpedit is still there in the home edition but is disabled. Tell us what you have and doubtless someone will be able to steer you.

What Operating System are YOU using?

GPEdit.msc or Group Policy Editor is a configuration manager for Windows which makes it easier to configure Windows settings. Instead of going through Windows Registry, the user can configure different aspects of the Windows Operating System through group policy editor.

The following webpage explains how to enable GPEdit.msc in Windows 10 Home. (It also has a download link for GPEdit.msc Installer as it's not normally found in Windows 10 Home, Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1 basic versions.)