JESUS asked in PetsDogs · 6 months ago

why dogs shrink the ears?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

That is a statement that hasn't even been finished. There is no question. & I have no idea what 'shrink the ears' means. Watching a dog's body language the ears has a lot to say, they assume many positions for different reasons.

• 6 months ago

I'd love to see one of mine shrink his ears ..... my Whippet, on high alert, has ears that wouldn't shame an Ibizan or Pharaoh Hound. But when she's content, she lays them back. Neither of which is 'shrinking'.

• ?
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Because you leave them in the dryer too long

• keerok
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

They can't. They can move their ears but some people do that too (I for one).

Now if you were talking about what they do with Doberman dogs, then that's ear cropping. It's supposed to be a part of the breed standard which is frowned upon in some countries nowadays.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Jojo
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Ears back on the head can mean, Submissiveness, or fear, anxiousness or pain, appeasement, nervousness. Along with other body language the dog is exhibiting at the same time, its possible to know what the dog is conveying to you.

Info: https://www.google.com/search?q=meaning+of+dog%27s...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.