stephen asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 6 months ago

Is it good Mail on Sunday's happy to print Tory line,but draws line on errant Royal? BBC puts Andy's comment 'appalled' on Epstein in quotes?

Views?

• Clo

Today's reporting leaves much to be desired. So many tabloid publications print unfounded, unproven gossip, in order to raise readership.

• Alan H

If that rag said it was Monday tomorrow, I would check my diary

Me thinks the Prince should keep quiet. No smoke without fire?

Apparently, now the Queen is upset the way her husband is being showin on The Crown - re his eldest son. I'm actually surprised this is being aired, with the major players still living! But HM needs to realise it's just a silly programme, even if Prince Charles has himself said how he felt about his boarding school years.

If the BBC is quoting somebody then it is appropriate that they should use quotation marks.

The media realise they need to be careful about making allegations for which they have no proof.

• Verulam 1

Exactly - for " " read allegedly.