Why does Romans 10:9-10 say "confess with your mouth,believe in heart & saved" but it didn't happen in Acts 11:15-16 nor in Psalm 32:3-5?

Update:

SCRIPTURE DOES NOT CONTRADICT OTHER SCRIPTURES AND ROMANS 10:9-10 CONTRADICTS ACTS 11:15-16 AND PSALM 32:3-5!

Update 2:

ACTS 11:15-16 SAYS "AND AS I BEGAN TO SPEAK THE HOLY GHOST FELL ON THEM..." AND THEY DIDN'T NOT INTERRUPT PETER'S MESSAGE AND "CONFESS WITH THEIR MOUTH" TO PETER!

THE PROPHET DAVID SAID IN PSALM 32:5

"...I WILL CONFESS MY TRANSGRESSIONS UNTO THE LORD; AND THOU FORGAVEST THE INQUITY OF MY SIN. SELAH"

AND NEVER "CONFESSED WITH HIS MOUTH" TO A MAN!

THE RCC HAS BEEN AT IT AGAIN!

Update 3:

ACCORDING TO PSALM 32:5 WHEN "CONFESSING WITH YOUR MOUTH" IT IS DONE TO >>>GOD<<< AND NOT TO A MAN!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Don't take this too extremely/literally. He is describing the fruit of what it generally looks like when someone is convicted.

• 6 months ago

The Epistle to the Romans was written to people who had given up their sins, gotten baptized, and showed obedience to Christ's Gospel laws. There was little else for them to do to receive salvation. But confession and belief are certainly NOT all that we need to do for salvation, as other scriptures make abundantly clear. Faith without works is dead, and so are we.

• ...Show all comments
    • norine6 months agoReport

causing others to leave them after definition in the dictionary and starting "dipping" or immersion in water in the RCC's doctrine of a water baptism doing something (Heb 9:14) JESUS ((ALREADY))) "FULFILLED" (Acts 1:5).

• 6 months ago

WHAT didn't happen in Acts 11:15-16?

As for Psalms - that predates the Christian Covenant by about 1,000 years.

Update:

>> ACTS 11:15-16 SAYS "AND AS I BEGAN TO SPEAK THE HOLY GHOST FELL ON THEM..." AND THEY DIDN'T NOT INTERRUPT PETER'S MESSAGE AND "CONFESS WITH THEIR MOUTH" TO PETER! <<

That's not what Acts 11:15-16 "says". Why add what is not there? Where do you see "And they didn't not interrupt Peter's message and confess with their mouth to Peter!" For that matter, where do you read, "And at that moment they were saved."

• 6 months ago

Yes, it happened in Acts 11: 15 & 16 because prior to that, Cornelius was a man of honour who gave alms already to the Jews and fasted and prayed and He was a noted man of the Italian band. He was very devout before he got saved; then he sent for Peter because He had been told by God that Peter would tell him words whereby he and his whole household would be saved. He confessed to God every day, and as soon as Peter preached the true gospel, He and all his relatives BELIEVED in their hearts about the Lord Jesus and of course we know the rest - that the Holy Spirit fell on them and they all prophesied and spoke in tongues and got overjoyed with God's wonderful Spirit and salvation. You need to read the whole story which is written in Acts chapter 10 and 11 as that would give you all the details you need about their faith. On top of that, as soon as Peter commanded that they be baptized in water, they were. They were also obedient.

I don't know whaat you mean about Psalm 32: 3- 5 That was a prophecy which came to pass about Jesus Christ, but in the old Testament, Jesus hadn't yet come and died for mankind, so nobody could possibly confess with their mouth the Lord Jesus or believe in their heart that God had raised Him from the dead because it hadn't yet happened so they wouldn't have known, but what they prophesied was by the Holy Spirit who knows all things of God and put the words of inspiration in their mouths about Christ.

• ...Show all comments
    • Snowbird
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

I am quite a patient person but having endured your tirade of insults, swearing, contradiction & abuse for many months I am coming to the end of my tether, so be careful or I may feel the need to report you if this continual harassment carries on much longer. I am sorry you are so needy get a shrink

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

That passage in Romans was written to a church whose members had already made "the good confession" during the conversion process. The Acts 11 passage refers to the event whereby the Gentiles were ushered into Christianity, and culminated the "new birth", John 3:5, as demonstrated in Acts 10:48, and equivalent to Acts 2:38.

• ...Show all comments
    • norine6 months agoReport

Maybe if I put some A$$ up in there you'll UNDERSTAND! Heathens! You have to speak to a heathen like he is a heathen and then he'll understand (I Cor 9:22)!

• 6 months ago

You weren't there. So you don't know if it didn't happen. Do you also assume Cornelius never repented of his sins (ref Lk 13:3) since it's not mentioned in Ac 10 or 11, or is that just another example of forgetfulness on your part GN?

• 6 months ago

@ ANON

SCRIPTURE DOES NOT CONTRADICT OTHER SCRIPTURES AND ROMANS 10:9-10 CONTRADICTS ACTS 11:15-16 AND PSALM 32:3-5!

ACTS 11:15-16 SAYS "AND AS I BEGAN TO SPEAK THE HOLY GHOST FELL ON THEM..." AND THEY DIDN'T NOT INTERRUPT PETER'S MESSAGE AND "CONFESS WITH THEIR MOUTH" TO PETER!

THE PROPHET DAVID SAID IN PSALM 32:5

"...I WILL CONFESS MY TRANSGRESSIONS UNTO THE LORD; AND THOU FORGAVEST THE INQUITY OF MY SIN. SELAH"

AND NEVER "CONFESSED WITH HIS MOUTH" TO A MAN!

THE RCC HAS BEEN AT IT AGAIN!

“The Pope is of great authority and power that he can modify, explain, or interpret even divine laws... The Pope can modify divine law, since his power is not of man, but of God, and he acts as vicegerent of God upon earth." -Lucius Ferraris, Prompta Ribliotheca, " Papa," Part. 2, translated."

"The Pope has the power to change times, to abrogate [to abolish, do away with, or annul] laws, and to dispense with all things, even the precepts of Christ." Decretal, de Tranlatic Episcop. Cap. (The Pope can modify divine law.) Ferraris' Ecclesiastical Dictionary."

ACCORDING TO PSALM 32:5 WHEN "CONFESSING WITH YOUR MOUTH" IT IS DONE TO >>>GOD<<< AND NOT TO A MAN!

BTW YOU CAN FORGET THAT "CONTEXT" ALWAYS APPLIES BECAUSE GOD SAID IN ISAIAH 28:13 TO GO "HERE A LITTLE AND THERE A LITTLE" WHAT MAN REFERS TO AS "KEEP IT IN CONTEXT" OR "CHERRY PICKING!"

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Three reasons:

1- context

2- context

and

3- context

• JoeBama
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Norine Williams fears context

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.