Re: Heb 12:2 Why is "Jesus the author and finisher of our faith" but some don't belief faith is a Spiritual gift received after HS baptism?

I KEEP TELLING PEOPLE WHAT GOD HAS TOLD ME BUT THEY DON'T BELIEVE IT BECAUSE OF THEOLOGY (COLOSSIANS 2:8)!

THAT'S WHY GOD TOLD ME TO GET OUT OF THAT MESS OF "THEOLOGY!"

GOD "REVEALS" (I CORINTHIANS 2:10-14) AND WHEN HOLY SPIRIT BAPTIZED, YOU DON'T NEED ANYTHING ELSE BUT THE HOLY SPIRIT TO "GUIDE YOU INTO ALL TRUTH" (JOHN 16:13).

I CORINTHIANS 12:9 LIST "FAITH" AS A "SPIRITUAL GIFT" ONE RECEIVES AFTER HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM (I CORINTHIANS 12:13)!

ROMANS 12:3 SAYS "GOD DEALS FAITH IN MEASURE."

I KEEP TELL YOU >>>YOUR FAITH<<< IS ((( NOT ))) >>>GOD'S SPIRITUAL GIFT OF FAITH!<<<

GOD OPERATES ((( IN ))) US (PHILIPPIANS 2:13) AND GIVES US >>>EVERYTHING<<< AFTER HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM, INCLUDING LOVE (RM 5:5) AND GRACE (RM 5:1-2).

"A MAN CAN RECEIVE NOTHING EXCEPT IT BE GIVEN HIM FROM HEAVEN" (JOHN 3:27)!

Because without faith we could never be converted in the first place, much less be baptized by fire and the Holy Spirit. Faith is a gift of the spirit that God gives to all who want it. God certainly isn't going to deny it to us unless we insist on remaining in our sins.

• norine4 months agoReport

of Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 11:15-16) THEN the "Spiritual gift" of "FAITH" is received (I Cor 12:9) that "GOD DEALS IN MEASURE" (Romans 12:3)!

Does Romans 10:17 say "Faith comes by Holy Spirit baptism?" (No!)

If God speaks to you in a way that He does not speak to others, or a way that is not available to others, then God is discriminatory. However; James 2:1, Ephesians, Romans 2:11, Acts 10:34, and many other verses say He is not!

• JoeBama

All Christians are commanded to go teach! (Matt 28:18-20). Jesus commanded, " Go ye therefore, and teach all nations..". Part of this was, "teaching them to obey all things whatsoever I have commanded you...". Since Jesus had just commanded " Go teach", then all Christians are sent to teach!

Because

Jesus is the author and finisher of our (Christian) faith

no matter what cockamamie things you might believe.

• norine4 months agoReport

WHAT DID GOD SAY??? I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT YOUR "SCHOLARS!" WHAT DID GOD SAY???

Jesus IS the Author and Finisher of our faith of course, but the gifts of the Spirit which you are citing continually, are only distributed by the Holy Spirit individually AS HE WILLS, so everyone doesn't get every gift of the Spirit. Some Christians get the gift of faith (which is an extraordinary supernatural amount of faith for something which others don't necessarily have). It's the same with the gift of miracles etc. Everyone doesn't get the gift of miracles - only certain ones whom the Spirit decides upon NOT US.

Some folks get the knowledge or wisdom gifts, others get special tongues.

You cannot assign all these gifts to every Christian and expect that because you say so it is so.

It is not so Granny - it's up to the Holy Spirit not you. You can speak until you are blue in the face but if the person doesn't have that particular gift, they cannot operate in it. These gifts are distributed to every man severally AS HE WILLS - as HOLY SPIRIT WILLS (1 Corinthians 12:11)

That's the very reason why He goes on to say in that passage such things as "Can the ear say to the eye, I have no need of you" or however it goes, because if our natural bodies were an ear or an eye all over, how could we function without all the rest of the gifts of smelling, hearing, seeing, etc.

That's why Christ's body is MANY members, because you will find one person has the hearing gifts, another has the seeing gifts from the Holy Spirit, another has the speaking gifts etc etc etc., I think you get the point.

So take God's Word for what it says Granny that God has set the members of His body as it HAS PLEASED HIM - because you can't change it and you will find that the Lord has already told us that the most feeble and those we think are less honourable parts of the body are the most necessary, as HE has given them an even better gift to operate in since they are not necessarily the best looking or the strongest.

And the reason God has done that by His Spirit is because he doesn't want any divisions in His body, but He says we should all care for one another.

That's why He asks "Are all Apostles? Are all prophets? Are all Teachers? Are all preachers? etc., because the implied answer is NO - WE ARE NOT ALL THE SAME AND WE DON'T ALL HAVE THE SAME GIFTS AND WE ARE NOT ALL OF THE SAME STRENGTH.

Our Christianity was given - some 30 some 60 some 100 fold.

So stop judging everyone and calm down my dear.

God has told us that the most excellent way is love. So you can earnestly want the best gifts, but if you haven't got love, you have nothing. You are but a clanging symbol.

May be you can accept the fact that God has told us we see through a glass darkly but eventually it will all be worked out in the body of Christ.

We just have to remember that of the three which abide, Faith, Hope and Charity or love, the GREATEST OF THESE IS LOVE.

• norine4 months agoReport

39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, BLESSED IS HE THAT COMETH IN THE NAME OF THE LORD" (Matthew 23:29-39)!

• Buddy

You'd have to already have faith in that stuff beforehand in order to think Holy Spirit baptism does anything wouldn't you?

• norine4 months agoReport

Not MINE! One "HEARS" the message then "BELIEVES" the message (Rm 10:14-15) at this point GOD LOOKS AT THE HEART (I Sam 16:7) and based on your belief gives "THE GIFT" of Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 11:15-17) WITH "FAITH" which "GOD deals in measure" (Romans 12:3)!