Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 6 months ago

is it a bad thing for a guy to pressure you into having sex?

I have been with my current boyfriend for 5 days, we were good friends for 2 years then we just decided to give this relationship stuff a try. He asked me if I would move into his place so I did. I moved in last week and on the first night he asked for sex I told him I want to be with him for 2 or 3 weeks before I just give it up and that it was too soon. He gets really annoyed and angry when I say no, he asked me 3 days later and I told him the same thing, He got so angry and slammed the door and I asked where he was going he said this is his house! Should I leave? Is this normal for a guy? I know guys like sex a lot but we just started dating. Should I move out of his house? Any advice? He says he want to have kids and get marry.

You should have talked about that before moving in with him.

he sees by moving in you are his sex slave

The short answer to your question is YES, it is a bad thing for a guy t pressure you into having sex.

You moving in with him so quickly is also strange behavior. If he is getting angry, slamming doors and continually pressuring you for sex, you need to move out asap. Right now, you have put yourself in harm's way and only you can change that.

It is a VERY bad thing for a man to pressure you to do anything.

If he is like this now it only gets worse later over time.

When my girl was ready she OFFERED me sex. I didn't ask or demand. It was her choice. Of course I was very happy with her decision. But that goes without saying.

The point is that something given freely and with love is worth a lot more than something taken and demanded.

If he demands this and tries to bully you into submission then you don't have a relationship.

This is not giving a relationship a try.

You would be better looking until you find some person that you really WANT to offer sex to. Someone who makes you so happy that you would do anything in your power to make as happy as possible.

THEN you would know what a relationship actually is.

Sex can be a wonderful thing between two adult consenting people, but it must not be forced or pressured in anyway

No that's not normal. It's also not normal to move in with a guy after 5 days of relationship even if you knew him before. Being in a friendship and in a relationship are two different things. You have to treat it as a new relationship. These little fits of rage are something you would learn on a second or third date.

• Brian

He wanted you to move in so he had a fluid bucket. Considering you were friends for all that time prior it's a bit of a shock he's acting this way. I hope you can go back to where you were and just date him for now.

• Bob

Why would you agree to move in with a man and live with him as his girlfriend if you aren't ready for a sexual relationship? With the mixed signals you're sending out, no wonder he's confused and angry.

You are not just 'dating'.. you moved in with him.

If you want to wait for that sort of thing (which is perfectly fine and absolutely your right), then yes, you should move out of his house and take the relationship more slowly until you're comfortable. The way you write about wanting to wait 2 or 3 weeks before you 'give it up' makes me think that you're either too young or too immature to be having a sexual relationship anyway.

Really, the best advice you can get is to move out of his house asap and slow things down until you're comfortable with the situation. If he can't accept that, then you know he's not right for you anyway.

It seems he is not respecting your desires. Are you sure this will be someone you want to stay with?