Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 3 months ago

Do modern people love money more than ancient people?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

Yes I believe so

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

I'd say today people want more things now like IPhones and tv as before they didn't have anything like that, so they didn't need it.

• John P
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

I have never loved ancient people, but I also have never "loved" money.

• 3 months ago

know the notion of greed goes back to many many ancient civilizations, in the Bible even has it as one of the deadly sins

• Fred
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

I doubt it. Greed is a part of most people, and most of us dream of having all the money we want to lead a lifetime of ease and to be able to buy the things that make us happy.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

... more than they love ancient people, or more than ancient people loved money?

• 3 months ago

No, people are willing to stay poor and not invest in their future while spending their resources on a smartphone or other frivolities.

• Cousin
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

People worship the Almighty Dolluh, which is odd when you consider how it is small and green and flat and can be folded up in yo' billfold, and yet you worship it.

• Andrew
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Anyone who lives in a society where goods and services can only be obtained with money is going to have the same opinion about money as the next person - those who need it most don't have enough of it, and those who have a lot are primarily concerned with obtaining more. There have always been 3 classes in society - the people at the top, the people in the middle, and the people on the bottom. The only thing that changes from one time or place to another is what percentage each makes up of the total. The people on the bottom dream of making it to the middle, the people in the middle dream of making it to the top, and the people at the top dream of being richer than everybody else in their class. Revolutions will occasionally depose the top and allow the middle to move up, but generally the people at the bottom stay where they are. That's what intelligent people think about money. It's just a way of imprisoning people for life. Eventually we'll find a better way.

• 3 months ago

Obviously, since there are no ancient people around anymore.

• 3 months ago

not really.... I know people in London during the 18th century were judging people from the way they dress and their wealth. If you dress poorly, they will judge you as a "peasant" and you were not allowed to enter some buildings and attended some parties.

Source(s): history
    • David
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

No big loss! Besides, 18th Century London had exactly the same attitude as Studio 54 in New York, back in the 70s!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.