Why is it that so many people under the age of 25 cannot write anything correctly?

I ve had plenty of young employees over the past year and one thing I noticed is that most of them simply don t know how to write. I review their formal reports and they all have the same problems. From common words drastically misspelled, little or no punctuation, and many of them are 2-3 page long run on... show more I ve had plenty of young employees over the past year and one thing I noticed is that most of them simply don t know how to write. I review their formal reports and they all have the same problems. From common words drastically misspelled, little or no punctuation, and many of them are 2-3 page long run on sentences. If they re reporting an event they start in the middle of the story and the whole description of the event is out of order. I can t even make sense of some of these. I have the employees rewrite them so that they are coherent and they literally just rewrite it word for word again. And it s not education, some of them have full college education and some have GEDs. Anyone have any input about this?