Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 4 months ago

Is it theoretically possible to pipe rats out of the attic with a recorder flute?

I noticed that the bathroom fan had quit working, and then a telephone stopped working and then the stove quit working and the outlet had no power, I then decided to look up in the attic and there were lots of rats scurrying about up there and there was rat poop all over the place.

I don’t want to use poison and have them die in there so I am considering getting a recorder and trying to pipe them out like the pier piper of Hamelin did.

Would the high shrill sound of recorder music scare the rats out make them leave the attic? ThAt is sure cheaper than $1700 for truly Nolen rodent service.

Would this method work? Is it safe to try or would the rats attack me if I played a recorder in the attic?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Edwena
    Lv 7
    4 months ago
    Best answer

Yes, but only some songs will work. Enya "Only Time" will calm them and they will follow it. Just play it in the attic during the day, then outside at night. The rats will go out side. But, you will have to fix the holes which may be difficult.

• elhigh
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Theoretically, sure. You'd have to be crazy loud and keep at it constantly. Note: this approach will render you irrecoverably deaf and really unpopular with the neighbors.

Your best bet is to go absolutely hog wild crazy with traps, check and reset the traps every day until you stop getting hits.

Then take the traps up, wait a couple of weeks, and go hog wild crazy again with lots of traps and different bait.

If you want the traps to be REALLY effective, put them up for a few days baited but NOT SET. The rats will see the traps as harmless food sources. Don't put them next to each other where the rats can see other traps. Then once you're getting steady action on the traps, set them. BANG and you've got 'em.

Good luck with it.

• 4 months ago

Go get yourself some fluorescent fixtures and put type-c germicidal bulbs in your attic get your attic lit up with type-c germicidal bulbs mounted in fluorescent fixtures they have to have an electronic ballast turn the fluorescent fixtures on. This light is absolutely destructive to your eyes under no circumstance look at it without dark goggles. this light will drive off every living creature out of your attic. the rats the mice the squirrels the bugs the spiders you name it everything it won't kill them all at once so that they died in the attic and stink up your house I don't just run them off because they can't stand it it's like bright blazing sunlight to them. And should they ever return all you have to do is turn the bulbs on for a few days. Relatively inexpensive you should be able to cover your entire attic with a permanent solution for $200

• 4 months ago

no.... that does not work... if it did people would be doing that instead of using poison.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

It all depends on how well you play.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.