Pros and cons on living in Utah?

Favorite Answer

Pretty nice place. Jobs hard to come by. If you're not Mormon, you may be on the outside looking in.

• W.T. Door

A friend of mine was transferred to Salt Lake City in the 1980s. She thought it was GREAT until the 366th day she was there. When she didn't convert to Mormonism within the year she found herself "shunned" by every Mormon she knew, including her Mormon co-workers.

Pros: You don't live in Mississippi.

Cons: You live in Utah.

Magic underwear.

I've looked into visiting Utah and it seems like it's one of the most beautiful states! There are so many wonderful national parks. I'd say that the scenery alone would help with feeling happier every day just being in that environment! However, if you are not into naturey stuff it may not be the best fit.

Clean but Mormon influence may not be to your taste.

If you are not Mormon and won't convert then you will not be welcome in the parts of Utah that are overwhelmingly Mormon.

• John

Why?...............

• Sharon

My nephew passed through Salt Lake traveling by bus. Had a lay over at the bus depot, and wandered the mall there. Store owner called the police because he sat down to rest.

I have a Mormon good friend, but he is quite atypical. Most are unpleasant

• JetDoc

If you LIKE winter sports and snow, Utah has some really great ski areas and some really cool natural scenery, but once you have seen the mountains and the funny shaped rocks, I can't think of much else to recommend.

• .

Pros: Clean, safe.

Cons: Intense weather.