Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 5 months ago

Do I have herpes?

I have only had one sexual partner, but she had herpes from an ex. She was older than me and probably took advantage of the fact I'd just got my own place and was also suffering from depression/Asperger's. I never used condoms because they stopped my erection, but almost always washed my penis after sex with the exception of maybe once...

Now my genitals are stinky, smelling like fungus perhaps? Feels tacky, bits hang lower, and I think my foreskin has tightened. I'm so afraid I caught it from her because now she's left me and I feel I picked this up the last time we were together. I am so afraid I am going to end up alone...

The doctors said nothing is wrong but I can smell something, am not enjoying masturbation and I am scared oh god... Could the doctors be wrong? Have I git herpes?

I have Asperger's and a lisp and suffer from loneliness/struggle to initiate conversation, and she raped me too when I said no and she was on top of me... I have been a fool and now feel I will suffer for it with no women wanting me ever again....

the stinky smell is the after effect of your 4skin

• Josie

Probably not on your description.

Why not ask around for your nearest free Sexual Health Clinic.

And visit them. Their doctors are experts in these diseases.

Don't get sold surgery that you do not need.

• Roddy

You are most likely perfetly ok and do not have herpes.

You may have a separate problem if your foreskin is too tight to fully, freely and painlessly retract (to expose the entire glans - head - and the 'groove' behind it) since you need to do so at least daily to wash away (with soap and water) all the waste product called smegma that constantly collects under ther.

If you do suffer from phimosis (tight, non-retractable foreskin) then see a urologist about it so that you can keep clean and healthy as well as reducung your future risk of herpes and other STIs.

If the doctor told you that you were fine, then it's completely reasonable to assume that you are. However, if you have lingering doubts... go get a second opinion from a different doctor.

Go to a different doctor and ask for a complete STD screening without ever mentioning the one you already had, but do express your concerns and worries... so they may be addressed.

If the second test confirms the results of the first, then you needn't obsess about it further.

BTW, genital herpes presents as ulcer like sores or crusty blisters on and around the genitals.

As far as the odor goes, you just may have a common mild fungal or yeast infection (jock itch), which is easily remedied with over the counter products found at the drug store. It is also completely possible to get jock itch without even ever having had sex.

All of this worry and possible jock itch could be stressing you out or making you obsessive, which could contribute to not being able to "enjoying yourself".

Alleviate your concerns so you can move forward.

You may even want to try masturbating with condoms so you get used to using them, this way then next time you have sexual contact with a partner, using one wont be an issue.

Lastly... did she really rape you, or do you just regret the encounter.

• ron h

good, and good catch on the "rape" anxiety thing. He's got a lot of anxieties and phobias going on and he doesn't need to feel like he's a "victim." This is a guy who really needs an actual friend or 2.