Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 5 months ago

Why do many atheists mistakenly judge their cognitive ability as greater than it is, thinking they know God doesn't exist but can't prove it?

Favorite Answer

I am not concerned about what they can't prove.

• wombatfreaks

Exactly, religious people have no proof of gods, atheists need to be held to the same standard

• Doc

It is. Atheist know there is no god, and don't have to prove it. All Atheist have to do is accept the fact he ain't there, because he ain't there. All you have to do to prove us wrong, is prove god does exist. You can't, so we win. Nothing is proof of nothing.

As I've said a million times before, it's not up to atheists to prove god doesn't exist. Theists make the claim, so it's their burden to prove god exists. So far, I've seen not one shred of evidence.

Atheism is not a claim to any special academic or intellectual calling, it is merely the acknowledgment that some people do not think gods are real.

• wombatfreaks

Peter, it is more that I personally do not think gods are real. I suppose I can not prove that to you, I suppose it is possible I actually believe in gods and only claim not to. I guess you will have to take that on faith

The non-existence of God is like the non-existence of a square circle. You don't need to be a genius to acknowledge that.

_____

YOU are the one who has devoted a life to the worship of the imaginary.

I try not to waste much time on it.

Most of you are far too stupid to listen to reason

Grundoon.

• ┼ She ┼

I put a simple analogy like that just for people like you, mentally disabled people like you and still you don't understand...

Most atheists don't claim to know that God doesn't exist. Atheism is merely a lack of belief in God.

• Ricardo

Why do fundies lie so incessantly.

Those are gnostic atheists.