Are people who raise children deceived?

I find it disgusting when the most selfish, self-centered people show such care for their offspring because they see their offspring as an extension of themselves. But if they were kids of someone else, they would just be their horrible inhuman manipulative selves to these kids. Are kids really extensions of our... show more I find it disgusting when the most selfish, self-centered people show such care for their offspring because they see their offspring as an extension of themselves. But if they were kids of someone else, they would just be their horrible inhuman manipulative selves to these kids. Are kids really extensions of our selves or are we tricked to believing that they are extensions of ourselves when they are mentally and physically completely different people? Are we biologically wired to care for these complete strangers without realizing that just because they came from our semen'eggs doesn't mean they are an extension of us?
Update: I have excellent parents. I have f#cked pu ss aaaay.. You ignorant morons. I havent' had sex for months though. That part is true. But it's just monkey behaviour. I don't have monkey cravings like you do.