Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 10 months ago

I get very tired from overthinking from my anxiety disorder..what are ways to stop the overthinking?

Keep yourself busy and focused on things that make you happy. Try something you've always wanted to do but have never done (maybe you've always wanted to learn to play an instrument, or drive to a city you've always wanted to visit) I've been through hell and back several times due to anxiety so I know where you are coming from and it's not fun but it passes if you fill your brain and time with happiness. Life is full of abundance, go have fun 😊

Stop thinking about it and go do something to distract yourself

WRITE STUFF DOWN! Especially before bed. Once it's written down, you won't forget it, so you can just remind yourself that it's done for now, now is time for sleep, so knock it off brain! During the day, logically ask yourself: Do I NEED to think about this? Is this REALLY my problem, or something someone else should handle? Does it make sense to worry about this? Finally, when I was super depressed due to bipolar disorder, I cured it with a game called Where is the Silver Lining? You know, they say every cloud has a silver lining? Every time I felt miserable, sometimes for no reason, I would take where I was physically and mentally and find something good about it. I'm ugly? Well, I do like my lips... I'm bitchy? What have other people said about me? Also, I try like hell to be nice. See how it works? Hmu if you need someone to chat with: funnypenelope@yahoo.com

do a meditation every day, when a thought comes into your head let it go, don't dwell on thoughts you make thoughts up yourself they are not real, clear your mind of clutter, its not easy and will take a log time to train your mind to be in the moment, because this moment is all there is.

Doing stuff. try reading some books, watching some movies. something that requires your focus.

Thinking about anxiety causes anxiety.....so stop thinking about it.

• Andy C

Manage it. It's part of why you have a disorder, not the other way around. Your overthinking leads to your anxiety disorder. It is not a product of.

Vodka.....................