Can I use a typical 120V extension cord with one end cut off to hard-wire a power inverter & plug it into an outlet?

I bought a 12VDC to 120VAC power inverter and some batteries for a small backup power reserve. It's a Magnum CSW2012-X, if you're wondering. This inverter has an automatic transfer switch that switches between shore and battery power, but it needs to be hard-wired to shore power to do so. What I'm... show more I bought a 12VDC to 120VAC power inverter and some batteries for a small backup power reserve. It's a Magnum CSW2012-X, if you're wondering.

This inverter has an automatic transfer switch that switches between shore and battery power, but it needs to be hard-wired to shore power to do so.

What I'm wondering is whether it would be possible to just cut the female end off of (say) a 10-gauge, 3-prong, 120V extension cord, strip the wires, connect that end to the inverter, and then just plug the male end into a 120V outlet?

Assuming I connect the right wires to the right slots, wouldn't that effectively be the same as hard-wiring it?