Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 3 months ago

Is it unfair for women to be wary and suspicious of male strangers in public?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Bob
    Lv 4
    3 months ago
    Best answer

I don't know about unfair, but it's definitely very sad that (some) women are wary and suspicious of male strangers in public.

• donnie
    Lv 4
    3 months ago

Depends on what kind and how suspisious you are. You should have some degree of suspicion of any stranger and even people you know.

• 3 months ago

No not really if it offends you that much just try to remind yourself that maybe those kind of women are just very careful or maybe they've been assaulted before. Try not to take it personally. The real world doesn't cater to your ego or anyone else's.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

It’s not just men that we have to be wary of, I was once robbed from a woman in public

• Elana
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

It's unfair that women are far less likely to come to a violent end than men are, yet are still far more fearful of it.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Unfair? I'm not sure. ...Bigoted? Absolutely! 

Can you imagine justifying being wary and suspicious of Black strangers as you are walking in the street? How about publicly expressing reservations about a stranger Muslim man sitting next to you on a plane? How about expressing your wariness when having to deal with a stranger Jewish banker or business agent? 

Aren't these all examples of bigotry, regardless of how we might justify them in our minds? And if so, what is the difference with being wary and suspicious of male strangers then? 

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

yes, statistically it's far more likely to be beaten and abused by someone you "know"...

• 3 months ago

Woman always feel they can stick their nose in other peoples business and worse it is considered a huge insult to their dignity for you to inquire into any of their businesses.

• Kelly
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

No, I'd rather be safe than sorry. Obviously for women to be wary, there is a reason.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.