Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 6 months ago

Have you ever watched a movie that seemed to be about NOTHING!?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes........I once sat thru "Sophie's Choice" years ago........

there may have been a plot.......who knows, it was so goddamn boring, I couldn't really tell.........

then there was Battlefield Earth . Still no idea what the hell the plot was suppose to be.

basically John Travolta in Herman Munster boots, and a Spock "evil" goatee, ...and something about aliens, that looked like it was shot at a pertro-chemical plant, at night.

Don't believe there was any sort of plot...........

and then there was "After Earth".............

5 minutes of preamble about needing some serum only found on an abandoned Earth.......

then, 2 solid hours of watching Jayden Smith cry and cower in the forest....too scared and cowardly to complete his nonsensical task.

Then, more crying. Then some running, only to stop and cry some more. Then more running, then more forest........a little more crying...........a bit more running, more shots of the forest. ....one last crying jag...........

and then............

I sh*t you not................DRAGONS!

and then after two solid hours of being a total and complete crying WIMP..........

he suddenly digs down deep, and sh*ts NEO MATRIX, RAMBO TERMINATOR mad skills, and KILLS the dragon guarding the serum, bare handed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The end.

I sh*t you not.........that was the Whole movie.

it was literally like no one had any idea how to end the movie......so, wtf, just throw in a dragon.

the end.

Even Will Smith went on talk shows and APOLOGIZED for the film-

he blamed in on crappy editing.

Editing????????? If that's the two hours you left IN...........what the hell did you cut OUT???????

Longer crying jags? More running thru a forest?

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Burn After Reading and Oh, Brother, Where Art Thou?

Both by the Coen Brothers.

• 6 months ago

That Lubowski thing. I hate that movie

• LilyRT
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

inside Llewyn Davis. with a few exceptions, I love the Coen brothers, but that movie is useless. the upshot is that a musician's life goes round and round in circles and doesn't go anywhere. I suppose if you're an artist that seems deep and insightful about how you feel about your life. but for me....what a waste of time.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

I saw a movie about buffalo walking across a field once. Nothing happened. It was an hour long. OK, so I watched 5 minutes.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

yes, its called Star Wars

• 6 months ago

Yes, I have watched many that seemed to be about nothing but two that come to mind are A Ghost Story and another called It Stains the Sands Red.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I think that was the Justice League.

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No, I haven't..........

• Bob
    Lv 4
    6 months ago
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.