regret asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 5 months ago

Why David Bowie didn’t want a movie about him?

Stardust (movie about David Bowie) is coming next year. I don’t approve the making of this film because David himself said he didn’t want any movies about him and his family doesn’t like the idea either.

I, personally, know the reasons why I wouldn’t want a movie about my life... but I wonder why David didn’t want one either. What were his motives?

Its his life and he was a mess in the 1980s, drugs, women/men etc

Until he met his wife who he spent the last 25 years with of course

• Mike W

He sort of had a movie about him already, he was in it. The Man Who Fell to Earth. It was more of an abstract biography.

• regret5 months agoReport

Yeah, I saw that movie. It wasn’t too bad, pretty intriguing - actually. It’s just the plot was getting kind of confusing to me with all those time-skips lol :P

I am sure he doesn't want all the 70's stuff splashed on screen.......being bi and all.......he kind of settled down later on, and I would think is maybe a tad embarrassed by his earlier reputation. Just a guess.

No one wants their long established, hard earned reputation sullied by a shoddy depiction of their life.

It's certainly a gamble, that anyone will do him justice.............but the Freddie Mercury movie was pretty damn good.

Or maybe he simply felt no one could accurately portray him.

• Weasel McWeasel

well, ya have to look at it like the Freddie Mercury movie.......it may introduce Bowie to a Whole new generation of fans, who just weren't around to see the real thing. It will boost his record sales, and more people will hear his MUSIC in the end.