My son is threatening to commit suicide?

I have a son in his late teens who graduated high school last year, and he didn't want to get a job or continue his education (he is extremely lazy and a little immature for his age). I told him last week that he needed to (at least try to) get a job by September 1st or I'm going to throw him out and let... show more I have a son in his late teens who graduated high school last year, and he didn't want to get a job or continue his education (he is extremely lazy and a little immature for his age). I told him last week that he needed to (at least try to) get a job by September 1st or I'm going to throw him out and let him be homeless. I'm being extremely tough on him and I don't care how he feels about it. If he's miserable, so be it. I'm not going to treat him like a kid anymore and I won't be patting his back unless he repents of this sluggishness and childlike behavior. He has been screaming and cursing at me a lot lately (saying he hates me). Ever since I told him I was going to kick him out, he has done nothing but lie in bed crying and being angry at me (telling me he can't do it and that this is too hard on him). I spoke with my neighbor and she said giving all this tough love is the correct thing to do, and that she would do the same. Now, just today, I saw him writing a letter. I asked what he was doing and he told me he planned to end his life at the end of the month. I read what he wrote and it was very concerning. I'm going to do whatever I can to prevent him from taking his life, but this doesn't mean he is exempt from getting a job. He needs to suck it up, I will not be around forever to support him. He often complains of back pain, fatigue, and that I'm making him miserable. I'm only being tough because I'm trying to make him want to get a job.

What would you do?
Update: To everyone saying I parented him wrong during his childhood, I warned him about all this back when he started high school. He struggled a lot in school and he won't repent of his sluggishness no matter what happens. I am fed up with it and now that he's an adult, I can throw him out of my house unless he... show more To everyone saying I parented him wrong during his childhood, I warned him about all this back when he started high school. He struggled a lot in school and he won't repent of his sluggishness no matter what happens. I am fed up with it and now that he's an adult, I can throw him out of my house unless he changes. He tells me he cannot get a job due to pain/health problems but I'm not taking that. Adulthood is not full of rainbows and flowers and he needs to learn that.