Is saying the shahada and starting praying enough to repent from atheism and blasphemy?

I asked the same question yesterday and thanks for everyone who helped. But I need some detailed info on how to repent fully. Are there any Duas I am supposed to say? I have said the shahada, asked Allah for forgiveness and started praying. Is there anything else I am supposed to do?

Thanks again

Favorite Answer

Ofc it’s enough

You must do both in sincerity.

Why don't you ask your imam? Isn't that what he's for?

Firstly say Al hamdulilah that Allah rabul izza has opened your heart towards the value of imaan.

Nowadays we live in a society where atheism is rampant. Many young minded people are being dragged into this, in order to feel a part of the modern society. Whereas some simply become angry at religion or God as a whole due to facing difficulties or problems in life and blaming the religion or God as the cause of it.

There are many reasons, but that is just a side talk. Just simply repent whenever you sin and keep striving towards good deeds.

If you ask me what more should be done, I would advice you to seek Islamic knowledge. Read books or learn from scholars the knowledge of Islam.

Knowledge is light in the path, so seek this. And then act upon it.

Rest no worries you are doing well. I did also read your previous question but did not answered there.

You are more than welcome to drop by my email (chairusk@yahoo.com) to discuss this in detail.

Wa salam

So most forgiving he prepared a special place for you called jahannam. you'll get tortured forever and ever after eternity.

Source(s): only forgiving after you submit to islam and become his slave. muslims call themselves slave of Allah
    • Kin

fckving liar coward. Fck off

Yes, but.. really, why bother?

You can say the shahada, the shazbat, and the walla walla bing bang. It will neither help nor harm.

dk THIS WORD YOU MENTION BUT GOD IS YAHWEH THE TRINITY!! U CAN REPENT TO JESUS ANYTIME WHEN U R ALONE AND ASK HIM TO SAVE YOU..

There is no repentance from blasphemy. Bishop John Joseph commited suicide in protest Pakistans blasphemy laws. The punishment is death but if you don't live in an Islamic country you don't have to worry about that.

"Defaming the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is a kind of kufr. If that is done by a Muslim then it is apostasy on his part, and the authorities have to defend the cause of Allaah and His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) by executing the one who defamed him. If the one who defamed him repents openly and is sincere, that will benefit him before Allaah, although his repentance does not waive the punishment for defaming the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), which is execution."

• RandomGurl6 months agoReport

Don’t listen to this answer @asker

God is the most forgiving !! X