The church I was following today said to pray for late favour in life - thoughts?

An example he gave is that everybody else is married and your single

Or everybody else has a PhD and you have a B.A.

What are your thoughts on this?

Favorite Answer

Prosperity doctrine? God already knows our needs and desires, which He will provide according to His will, not ours. He is not some kind of an ATM or candy dispenser.

I don’t really follow what’s going on there but in 1 Thessalonians 5:17 it says “Pray constantly” so just pray.

• But everybody else isn't marred and with a PhD and certainly there is the question of those who have the one thing and not the other. They may have the one BECAUSE they don't have the other.

• Rod

What church was this?

There is no commandments in the bible in regards to people having to marry or seek higher education qualifications.

The apostle Paul wrote 14 letters to the churches in the bible and never mentioned to believers that it was mandatory to marry or have a good education / job career.

Nothing wrong with marriage and being well educated but that is not what being a christian is all about !

Paul himself never married and the only job occupation we read of him doing was as a tent maker --but he was a great man of God !

Ignore this church and what they are saying to pray about --- they sound like some hyper-charismatic/ pray it and claim it church to me.

My thoughts are that you can pray or you can do something about it.

I' ll have another bottle of Fireball whiskey, please.

Lamborghini, or maybe a Rolls.