What am I supposed to do after child’s father won’t give my child back?( In Illinois)?

I currently have a 7 month old child. I asked her father to take her until I moved into my new home and now he doesn’t want to give her back to me. I have screenshots of texts of him getting mad about me pretty much moving on in a whole bunch of rude ways and saying that’s why he doesn’t want to give her back. He... show more I currently have a 7 month old child. I asked her father to take her until I moved into my new home and now he doesn’t want to give her back to me. I have screenshots of texts of him getting mad about me pretty much moving on in a whole bunch of rude ways and saying that’s why he doesn’t want to give her back. He also stated that it’s my fault I can’t have her back because I should have never left his home. We were always having domestic disputes which is why I left. I don’t know what to do I haven’t seen her since the end of May. I called the police after I was in his home and he decided to fight me but he dragged me out the house and locked the door and gate to his back door and the police told me since he signed the birth certificate he had the right to do so.. I don’t know where to begin to get her back I have been to a few lawyers but I can’t afford them