Does the warranty paper count as proof of purches?

Update:

Its for the nzxt kraken amd bracket.

asking cuz im not from the states and this is the only documentation besides the email from the store that i have.

Update 2:

I paid with cash so no card satement.

Update 3:

Solved it.

I asked the store where i bought it, to send me a copy of the receipt.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

As proof of purchase? Typically no. The proof of purchase is a bill of sale, such as a receipt from the store showing when you purchased it and for how much, or the equivalent

• 4 months ago

You need to ask the place where you bought the item if they will honor the warranty paper as proof of purchase because all we can do is guess. My guess is no because a warranty paper could theoretically come from anywhere - such as a friend or a relative who could have given it to you. Normally proof of purchase means a receipt of some sort (piece of paper from a cash sale/or credit card sale, copy of a check showing the store deposited your check, or even a copy of credit card bill showing the purchase in case the sales receipt is lost, and in some instances an email from the company that reflects an invoice of the sale). These are what are known as PROOF of the actual purchase. The store has the right to reject anything you submit but you also have the right to obtain an attorney and challenge them if you feel they are wrongly denying your proof.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Never! .

AFAIK, the only proof of purchase is the original sales receipt.

• 4 months ago

not officially because it could be anyone else's warranty paper. so no

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

No but if you have lost your receipt you might be able to look at your bank account or your credit card statement and find the item on your debit card statement or your credit card statement.

• 4 months ago

Only if it has the date, serial number, and place you bought it from. You beat up any old nerd to get a product with a warranty card, but that doesn't mean you bought it.

• DON W
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

As proof of purchase? Typically no. The proof of purchase is a bill of sale, such as a receipt from the store showing when you purchased it and for how much, or the equivalent if you order from online.

• Prototipe4 months agoReport

I sent them the email showing that but its not enough for them.

• 4 months ago

Depends.... If the retailer wants to honour it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.